Seaside Cottage with Spectacular Views
Mullaghgloss, Renvyle, Co. Galway
4 guests 2 bedrooms
Oystercatcher Cottage is a small traditional cottage situated in a stunning seaside location enjoying panoramic views over the Atlantic Ocean. It is an old cottage which has been renovated over the years while still maintaining it’s rustic charm. The cottage is located close to many beautiful beaches in one of the most scenic spots along the Wild Atlantic Way in Connemara. The views are simply breathtaking.
It is a small 2 bedroom cottage with garden, patio and outside decking area overlooking the sea. The inside space comprises a kitchen/dining area, cosy sitting room and bathroom on the ground floor. There are 2 bedrooms upstairs which are accessed by a wooden ladder (please note this may not be suitable for young children or elderly/infirm adults – look at the photos to decide whether it is suitable for you and your group). Upstairs there is one bedroom with a king-size bed and another bedroom with 2 single beds, sleeping 4 people in total.
The door from the kitchen leads out to the decking area from which you can enjoy fabulous sea views. In the summer months you can see beautiful sunsets over the sea and if you’re lucky you might even catch sight of dolphins passing by!
The cottage combines many traditional features with modern conveniences including a multi-fuel stove, electric heating, hot water, a fully equipped kitchen with electric cooker, fridge, dishwasher, microwave and everything you need to cook your own meals. There is WiFi, a TV, Xbox, dvds, games and lots of books. In the adjacent shed you will find a washing machine and clothes dryer, along with a BBQ and outdoor furniture for your use.
Depending on the weather, the cottage can be a calm and idyllic place; a real paradise, or wild and windswept as it sits on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean. Either way it’s a special place to be. It’s particularly suitable for couples looking for a romantic getaway or small groups of friends/family who want to experience the raw beauty of the West of Ireland.
Oystercatcher Cottage is situated in Mullaghgloss on the Renvyle peninsula on the famous Wild Atlantic Way driving route. The cottage is close to many stunning beaches – Lettergesh is the closest at just 2km away. The cottage has views to the mouth of Killary Harbour and across the bay to Co. Mayo in the distance. The village of Tullycross is 2.5k away where you’ll find bars serving food including the award-winning Paddy Coynes Pub. The entrance to Connemara National Park is just 7km away in Letterfrack village. The walk to the top of Diamond Hill in the park is well worth the effort for the views. In Letterfrack village you will find a supermarket and more bars which serve food. Kylemore Abbey & Gardens and the town of Clifden are also within easy driving distance.
Essentials: towels, bed linen, soap, toilet paper
Well equipped kitchen where guests can cook their own meals
Books and games
Drawers and hangers
Carbon monoxide detector
Parking on premises
It is self check-in with a lockbox. We give you space to enjoy the place but are available to answer any questions you may have during your stay.
The driveway down to the cottage is quite steep so drive slowly and carefully. There is plenty of room to turn around in the parking area at the bottom. If you prefer to park at the top of the driveway you can walk down to the cottage. Note there are steps between the parking area and the house; it is NOT wheelchair accessible.
To access the bedrooms upstairs you must be able to climb the wooden ladder. Please look at the photos before booking to decide whether it is suitable for you and your group.
- The cottage’s windows, off-the-kitchen deck, and bench overlooking the rocky beach below provide a delightfully fantastic landscape where you can watch the ocean breathe with the winds & moon’s ebb & flow. Peace. Modern provisions including kitchen, sitting room w/ wood stove, great library and wifi for a 77-year-old retired librarian, his daughter, her partner with my 7-year-old. We all used the ladder to the bedrooms safely. I plan to return next year.Michael H.02/07/22
- Such a charming cottage, perfectly nestled into the coast line surrounded by natural beauty all around. The cottage is tranquil, beautifully maintained (while retaining lots of character) and the location is very special. I literally can't find anything to fault. It made for a very special holiday! Thanks Caroline and Kevin.Christine11/06/22
- A slice of heaven by the sea! Stayed for 2 nights in March 2022 and the cottage was so lovely!
The views of the ocean are stunning and you’ll have all of the comforts you need. The wood burning stove is easy to use and warms the downstairs. There’s a heater in the bedroom which makes it super cozy upstairs, and with the view from the bed, it’s hard to want to get up.Gabriela10/03/22
- A gem of a spot. Perfect for exploring the wild and beautiful Connemara.
Caroline has respectfully, yet thoughtfully maintained an old house equipping it to be comfortable for a stay nowadays. An excellent host; great for communication and flexible with us changing stay dates last minute. She lit the fire in advance to make sure the living room was nice and cosy on arrival.
If you're unfamiliar with the west bring plenty warm clothes and slippers to make sure you're always comfortable after a day exploring. You're truly exposed to the elements but that's what a place like this is all about 🙂Aoife11/12/21
- 3 of us stayed in oystercatcher cottage, it’s a fabulous, cozy very unique place. The cottage has everything you could need yet feels minimalist, we enjoyed many of the walks and hikes close by, the beaches, bars and craft shops too. I even managed a dip in the ocean and was very glad of the super shower in the cottage after. Sipping coffee looking out to sea, the amazing comfortable beds and the cozy fire, oystercatcher cottage really is good for the soul. Caroline was on hand and great at communicating, I just can’t wait to rebook.Aileen29/11/21
- This is the cutest little cottage with breathtaking location and views.
We stayed for 3 nights and loved it. The cottage was warm and cosy and the kitchen well equipped. In fact I loved it so much that I already booked it for another stay!
The descent to the house from the road is very steep; we chickened out and didn’t drive down but it was possible & safe to leave the car on top of the hill and it wasn’t too far from the house.Vilhelmiina16/11/21Wir waren Anfang November 2021 in diesem wunderbaren Haus. Die Lage ist perfekt, direkt am Meer. Einen Zugang zum Wasser gibt es nicht, schöne Strände sind aber in der Nähe. Die Ausstattung ist geschmackvoll, sehr durchdacht und lässt keine Wünsche offen. Die Betten sind sehr bequem und warm.
Abends am Feuer zu sitzen ist ein Genuss.
Wir waren total begeistert. Hier kann man sich wirklich erholen.Andreas04/11/21
- This place is exactly how it looks in the photos. Comfortable, warm and the shower alone was amazing - even better that ours at home!
Great place to be able to bring dog with us and so close to some fantastic beaches.
We got a last minute booking and so chuffed we did. Love to come back and spot a dolphin next time!Catherine07/10/21
- Oystercatcher Cottage is perfect. The cottage is cosy ans really comfortable. It came with everythingwe needed for a week's stay, including all the fire wood we would need. The location is outstanding. Waking up to the sound of the ocean is fantastic. Close to stunning beaches and the National Park there is no shortage of things to do. The local pub, Paddy Coynes is not to be missed. We will definitely be back!Cathy02/10/21
- What an amazing cottage, perfect location - right by the sea with brilliant views of the rugged coastline, beautiful beaches and mountains.
The cottage itself has everything you need and more, the hosts really don’t leave a stone unturned. Perfectly clean and homely with all the necessary amenities.
The area is great with lots to do, but it is equally great if you need a quiet escape.
Really recommend Lettergesh beach, golden sands and crystal clear water that’s not too deep!
Thanks again Caroline hope to return again in the future.David30/08/21We spent a great week in this marvellous seaside cottage. Its location is stunning, perched above the Atlantic. We even managed to spot some dolphins. The cottage is well equipped and there were plenty of extra firewood and blankets for the cooler evenings. It is truly charming and we'd love another visit.Sarah14/08/21
- This cottage offers amazing views, the photos do not do it justice. We were lucky to stay there with our 2 boys in the recent heatwave and we could have been on Cote d'Azur with the sun and the view! The house was perfect for the family, the steps leading upstairs were a real treat for the boys. We would very much recommend it if visiting the area! Thanks Caroline and Kevin!Louise24/07/21
- The cottage was super clean & was really impressed with the self check in service along with brilliant communication with the hosts.
Loved the outdoor decking area overlooking the views and really felt the house had a homely feel which had everything you could need.
Only thing to note was the stairs upstairs is quite steep which may not be suitable for elderly etc.Karen21/06/21
- A beautiful example of a traditional style cottage, perfectly restored, featuring wonderful traditional features and furniture and wonderfully colourful decor and art. Panoramic views of the changing sea and landscape are perfectly framed by each window and door. We spent 4 fabulous nights lulled to sleep by the lapping waves and the sounds of nature in the wonderfully cosy beds. We woke refreshed and ready to explore the nearby golden beaches, swim in turquoise lagoons and climb the peaks of the Twelve Bens. Nights were spent in one of the cosiest sitting rooms we've ever encountered in front of a toasty log fire. All necessary mod cons supplied (constant hot water was a bonus and a good powerful shower!) and kept a family of four and two large dogs more than happy! A real gem of a place! Private and tranquil. Hosts are highly responsive and available. Highly recommended and we'll be back (if it's ever available again! )Sinead07/06/21
- what a beautiful cottage in the most amazing location.. everything we needed was there... great fire to keep us cosy at night and the most spectacular decking and views... caroline was so helpful to deal with!!! stairs are not for the fainthearted... but we managed and we are in late 50s...will definitely return!!!Sharon14/05/21
- This cottage and it's surrounds are absolutely stunning. Spent three nights here and was hard to leave it behind. Best airbnb experience we've had, cannot recommend highly enough. Hosts were great, efficient and helpful when needed but otherwise leave you to enjoy their unbelievable place!Match07/05/21This cottage meets and exceeds all expectations. The location is absolutely stunning, the decking is one of the best locations to watch a sunset along the WAW. The cottage had all necessary amenities required to provide for yourself and enjoy your stay. Would highly recommend to anyoneAidan25/04/21
- Our stay in this cottage was simply amazing. The cottage itself would rival any postcard and the location could not be better. The facilities have everything you could ever need along with excellent wifi. It is ideal for anyone looking for a quiet break away or if looking to use it as a base for your Connemara trip. We cannot wait to come back again!Brian20/04/21What a special place! We had an incredible week at the cottage which had the most breathtaking views that blew us away every morning. The Renvyle peninsula is such a hidden gem in Co. Galway, white sandy beaches with turquoise waters mean you don’t have to go far to find paradise. The cottage is the perfect place to come back to with a log fire to cosy in front of or a huge deck to watch the sun go down. A dream getaway!Alex17/04/21Oystercatcher Cottage is truly a hidden gem. Privately tucked away from the main road and all neighbours, the tranquility and scenery makes this a stunning location. Caroline & Kevin were always quick to respond and assist with any queries we had during our stay. A fantastic part of the country, we would love to return.Gavin02/04/21
- As noted in the cottage description, the views are spectacular. Really an incredibly beautiful setting for a cottage. The house itself was very charming and had everything you could need in terms of comfort. I was there during the pandemic and the pubs in Tully Cross were closed but there are lovely beaches nearby, and stellar drives in every direction. Once the pubs are open, they would be a short walk into the village. Caroline and Kevin were very responsive and they included many thoughtful touches to make our stay more enjoyable. The beds were very comfortable. I would definitely stay again!Kevin05/01/21
- What an incredible cottage - the location gets 11/10! The views really are spectacular and we even saw a pod of dolphins swimming by one morning. The cottage itself is charming and was very well appointed with everything we needed for our 10 day stay. Caroline was super helpful, easy to communicate with and responsive throughout. Highly recommend this unique, beautiful spot!Grainne03/10/20
- Caroline & Kevin's cottage is spectacular with amazing sea views from the kitchen and decking area. Had a great weekend exploring all that Connemara has to offer. Only a short drive from the National Park and Glassiluan Beach. Great food at Maol Reidh in Tullycross. The cottage is cosy, clean and equipped with everything you need. Watching the waves from bed was fabulous. Thank you.Claire13/09/20This cottage is an amazing space with views to match. It’s equipped with everything you could possibly want during your stay. To wake up to this view every day is such a treat. There’s loads of things to do and see in the surrounding area. It’s the perfect little place for a relaxing get away. I’ll definitely be back! I love it!Louise10/09/20
- Spent three wonderful nights at Caroline & Kevin's cottage, didn't want to leave! Check in was very straightforward, the place had everything we needed and more. Location was amazing - that coastline is just stunning. Feels like your have your own little pocket of paradise, but the nearest towns are only a few minutes drive away. And the cottage itself is just so charming. Thank you for having us, already thinking when we can come back! 🙂Morgan03/08/20
- We (four adults) enjoyed a weeks stay in this spectacularly located cottage by the sea. The accommodation is as described and Caroline responds fully and speedily to all requests. The cottage retains much of its original charm with modern comfort. The stove's glow and warmth were enjoyed on a few cool July evenings while the deck area was perfect for dining and just relaxing, enjoying the sea views on finer days. Its location, while tucked away is within an easy car journey to unspoilt local beaches and the nearby towns of Letterfrack and Clifden. We would certainly return for another stay.Kathy27/07/20Beautiful cottage with every amenity provided. Stunning location with amazing panoramic views and possibly the best view from a kitchen window you’ll ever find. The house has everything you could ever want and is charming and quaint in a stunning location.
Ideally located with a short drive to Glasilaun beach, one of the most beautiful locations in Ireland. This is a great base to explore the area which has so much to offer.Michael11/07/20Superb place, very-well kitted out. Unparalleled views, comfortable, clean. Good kitchen equipment for cooking, nice bedding, warm house. All the things we needed for a relaxing holiday. Caroline was clear and quick with her communications, but we hardly needed to be in touch as all was in place and clearly laid out for us on arrival. We will be back asap!!
- The beautiful view, closeness to the sea and that it was quite near to the beach made this a very pleasant short stay. The cottage is cosy and comfortable. We located the property easily & check in was straightforward (though slightly late at 4pm). Although no where was open there was a lot of helpful tips about local amenities, day trips and eateries. Shower was powerful, beds comfortable and everything we needed to cook was available and easy to locate. We also really appreciated that we could bring our little dog.Deborah01/07/20We couldnt recommend Caroline and Kevin's place enough. The house was beautiful and the views were stunning. The house was really well equipped and the bed was very comfortable. The shower was really nice and the house was well heated. We found the location excellent for exploring Connemara and it is really close to several fabulous beaches. There are couple of small supermarkets within a 10 minute drive and larger stores are about 20mins drive away. Check in and out was really easy as was communication with the hosts, though we didnt need to ask for anything as the property was so well set up. I didnt expect there to be wifi but there was. We would definitely like to come back to stay again.Aoife19/06/20
- Beautiful little cottage, in an idyllic location. Our hosts couldn't have done anymore in terms of looking after us .. the best touch being the lit fire on arrival,much appreciated after a long journey
The house is perfectly clean and presented. We're already looking forward to going backLouise22/03/20
- This is just a great place to stay. To come home to after a day of hiking or to stay in and look out at the ocean when the weather is bad - it's just gorgeous. Listening to the sea at night, and waking up to it is wonderful.
The cottage has everything you need for proper self-catering cooking, and it have books, DVDs and board games too. The mattress in the double bed is really good and seems new. The personal touches as well as the newly fitted oven/hob, fridge and dishwasher make this a lovely old school cottage with mod cons! Great strong shower too.
Check in was a breeze, and communication was great. Definitely come and stay here.Norah17/03/20
- Where to start.. (Website hidden by Airbnb) location, and such a cozy, well-equipped and nicely styled cottage. The view is out of this world. Was lucky enough to have a morning coffee out on the deck in the middle of winter. The bed was very comfy.
Lovely owners, great communication.
Can’t wait to return in summer one day!Melanie22/12/19
- This place is s gem - a find. The cottage is so tastefully decorated. It’s also quirky - it’s location is sublime, set just above a cliff overlooking the Atlantic just
south of Killary Harbour at the mouth of Clew Bay. The beaches are spectacular and the views of the Islands and mountains are off the scale for beauty. There is a wonderfully comforting feel to the place - it’s been a very happy home, you can tell.Rosaleen01/12/19
- This cottage was the hit of our honeymoon ! The view is amazing even with a rainy weather. The cottage is very cozy , peaceful and romantic We wish we could have stay longer and we promise ourselves that we will come back. Caroline and Kevin gave us the perfect addresses for everything around (the oysters farm is really amazing)!!! Thanks and see you soon !Tessa23/10/19The view is absolutely breathtaking!!! I knew how remote this area of Connemara is & that's what attracted me, ideal spot to escape from it all. Went with a friend but this cottage would be ideal for a romantic getaway, or writing retreat. I would absolutely love to return! It's very cute, the stove in the sitting room made it a super cosy space in the evening (there are board games in the press so we played scrabble, which was a lovely touch since we were stuck inside with the rain), but even then when it was bright out we could not stop looking out the window at the sea. Otherworldly. There was also a lovely beach nearby. Only downsides were people with mobility issues may have problems with the stairs to the rooms & as we visited in October and the radiators were on a timer, I'd suggest a few extra cosy layers for during the day/when the stove is not lit. 🙂
I absolutely loved it. Unforgettable. The ideal remote escape.Lisa12/10/19
- Es ist eines der tollsten Unterkünfte in unserem Urlaub auf Irland gewesen!
Es ist mit so viel liebe eingerichtet! Es ist alles vorhanden was man benötigt sogar ein GRILL!! Es ist überhaupt kein Problem zu viert dort eine tolle Zeit zu erleben. Strände sind in der Nähe und auch der Nationalpark. Die Ausstattung hatten wir so nicht erwartet alles ist sehr neu und wie man es selber haben möchte! Neue Elektrogeräte und alles super sauber. Aber das beste ist der Ausblick!!! Die Terrasse auf der man sitzen kann!! Unbeschreiblich Atemberaubende Aussicht! Wir haben Delphine und Seelöwen sehen können! Wir würden gerne wieder kommen und werden diese Unterkunft gerne weiter empfehlen!
LG Dennis & FriendsDennis20/09/19
- Spectacular views of Atlantic Ocean in a secluded Seaview cottage set in beautiful Connemara Coast along Wild Atlantic Way Galway. Have all mod cons and maintains the charm of a cosy cottage .
The cottage is well situated near beautiful beaches and short drive to Kylemore Abbey and Connemara National Park
Hosts very attentive and answered all questions promptly
Made us feel welcome by having fire on when we arrivedMartina12/09/19